Tuesday 28 February 2023

Holidays


All packed and read for our trip to India - my sons will be home with Mollie cat so I didn't need kennels.  Much better for her as she is a very stressy cat.

I have a packing tip or two - I kept some bags which held sets of pillows - they zip up, I've have had them a few years - they fit nicely inside my suitcases and are a good way to stop things sliding around or coming out all messed up, also if the case breaks there's some hope my things will stay together in the inner bag.  I collect those plastic bags they give you at the airport to put your liquids in when you go through security - everything like shampoo, toothpaste and sun lotion gets its own bag.

I roll my clothes to avoid creasing and I have shorts, 3 tops, bikini and flipflops in my carry on bag just in case.  I didn't have time to take pictures of what went in my bags so will have to take lots of pics on holiday :)  As the internal flights only allow 15k of luggage, I had to be sensible and pack things that can be worn quite a lot, plus comfy footwear and some warmer things as Darjeeling is a bit chilly at the mo, but Kerala is sweltering - so some beach kaftans and shorts came too.

We are visiting Kolkata, Darjeeling and the Kerala backwaters, staying in hotels and then a houseboat, then down to the beach at Kerala before heading home.... I'm taking all my books on my Kindle - downloaded free from our library, they do magazines too.  But as I'm a nervous flyer and we have two flights out, two back and 3 in the middle of this trip - hubby bought me a paperback to read on the flights - it's Paul Mckenna's 'Freedom from Anxiety' - hope it works :)


I popped on the train to Brighton last week, it was my birthday so treated myself to a bean curry at Leon then bought a sunhat in Primark for a fiver.  It was bitterly cold so so hurried home but stopped to take a few pics for you...this is the kind of problem I have with blogger, pics are all on their side... Sorry if this gives you a stiff neck :).  












Back soon :)












7 comments:

  1. I dream of visiting India one day. I look forward to your pictures. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Safe travels, looking forward about your trip.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I am here and you are gone…hahaha..enjoy your holliday love Ria 🍀❤️🍀🐾

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your trip sounds so much fun and I hope you'll share things with us when you are done. Isn't clothes-rolling the best? When I think of the years I didn't do it....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah ha! So this is where you are hiding out Betty. Hope you have / are having / have had a wonderful time in India. Can't wait to see your gossip when you get back. Good to see Brighton - at sideways angle - akin to how I would have viewed it back in the day, after a good night out ;) xXx

    ReplyDelete

April

Hi bloggers.  I haven't posted for a while as not been well with anxiety, but feeling more like me again now :)  Sorry I have been quiet...