Sunday 19 February 2023

Capsule Wardrobe

 As Blogger is not enabling me to upload pictures or edit/post on Wood Fairy, how lucky I had a spare blog I prepared earlier!  I will stick with Elderberry Rob until Blogger issues are resolved, maybe I will ditch Wood Fairy altogether...


My blogging buddy*Vix* has posted her capsule wardrobe and I felt inspired to post mine.  Hers is full to the brim, full of colour and very vintage - mine is the opposite!  Although I have a lovely collection of holiday clothes, some of which are vintage and half of which are EBay pre-loved I mostly keep those things for holidays and very hot days in high Summer (as it's not practical for my work, rushing around etc.)  Below is my easy to wear things that I looked out ready for Spring - I can see there's a lot of blue!  These are the things I wear every day for work or home... I don't have 'best' or 'smart' (I keep a pair of old  jeans and a jumper for the allotment though) ...



2 dresses and 4 skirts: one is pre-loved silk pleat, there's a denim and two midi floral, the navy bias is new (Fatface).


  two jumpers (cotton) ... Inside the wardrobe - you could hardly get lost in there, could you! the turquoise things to the left are my holiday stuff.




I have 3 navy, 3 white and one pattern jersey cotton long sleeve shirts  (I buy two things the same if I like them a lot!) and four cropped chino (white, pink, navy and **(look away Vix)** beige)  The pink chinos are new.  

I wear a denim jacket or a bright orange rain jacket that has a fleecy lining on colder days.  Footwear is either my lotta clogs,  or trainers.  I googled capsule wardrobes - they should have 30-50 garments - I think I have 21 items so there's room to expand :)  What would you like to see me add to my wardrobe? 

What's in yours? are you someone like me who likes order or are you someone who has lots of brightly coloured things with no particular theme bursting out of your cupboards?

15 comments:

  1. Oh. Envy at a non stuffed wardrobe!!
    I cleared mine out so that our house sitter could use it....there will be weeding and sorting next month!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will put Elderberry Rob on my blog list. Maybe I should look into doing some type of capsule over on my blog.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your capsule wardrobe is amazing Betty .... as I don't go to work mine is just full of light cotton dresses which is what I prefer in the heat of summer. And tights & tops in winter, or maybe blue jeans. I hope you can sort your old blog out Betty. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Found you!! I loved seeing your capsule wardrobe, Betty, there's some gorgeous things in there and I bet if anyone can make beige chinos look good then it's you! There's loads of colour and print in yours, too.
    I like the idea of order and neatness but, in reality, it's so hard to maintain!
    Did you read Elaine's comment on my blog? She photographed all her clothes and put them on Pinterest. I think I might have to do the same - that way I can plan my travel packing without having to get everything out of the wardrobe and create chaos.
    How about squeezing in a sleeveless jumper/tank top that you could layer up over your long sleeved shirts or dresses? (There's a couple in Monsoon's mid-season sale.) I think a needlecord midi skirt could be a good addition, too. Per Una did a fantastic button-through 1970s-style one in both navy and burgundy which pop up on eBay quite often. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gone are the days when one dressed 'smartly'. For me it's mostly a selection of jeans, some slimline cords, not many skirts, but I do like dresses! And mine have a definite blue look too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i could not locate your follower box here dear Betty ,thanks for sharing your elegant and beautiful dress .i loved the themes and colors are calming .
    i personally like light colors but dresses bought for events must be bright according to the theme of party which i don't like still i wear to be fit in :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I should do this. I know I need to do some purging, but I am just not ready to part with some things. I have lots of denim - jackets and a long dress with big sleeves that I wear as a coat and love so much. I am really into big sleeves right now and have been drafting a pattern for a jacket with full sleeves. We'll see how that turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the capsule wardrobe idea. You have some gorgeous prints amongst yours!
    I tell myself I have a natural capsule wardrobe as I only use a small clothes rail. However, it's a little snug shall we say!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I have more belly dance clothes than anything else . I could do with a new good pair of wellies . Have you got some good wellies ? What about a good pair of walking boots Betty ? 🥾🥾

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I have wellies and walking boots :) wouldn't be without my wellies

      Delete
  10. I thought a capsule wardrobe was 5 or 6 things! Lol I'd love a pair of good walking shoes/boots but not those ones that it takes an hour to get in and out of!Love the name of this blog!xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeh ones that don't need you to sit down in mud to get them laced up properly!

      Delete
  11. Hi Betty! So glad you directed us to your new blog. I found the follow box and am back with you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Many thanks for sharing your capsule wardrobe.
    When I look in mine there are quite a few pink tops/blouses ... wel it is my favourite colour :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very organised and pretty skirts Betty! The only thing 'capsule' about my 'capsule wardrobe', is that it is a wardrobe. I think you know what I'm jive talking about ;) xXx

    ReplyDelete

Travelling light

For short trips like our 4 night stay in Marrakech I use a black  Easyjet zip up under seat bag - it's super lightweight and meets size ...