Thursday 26 September 2024

Catching up and travel

Autumn has arrived and my allotment is changing, the crops of the Summer have nearly gone, I picked the last of my runner beans this week and have a freezer full of apple and blackberry to make Winter crumbles.  My plot has leeks, pumpkin, parsnip, chard, spinach and celeriac, also sprouts and cauliflower in early stages.  I removed the raspberry bushes as they were taking up a lot of space and not producing much, the ground is ready for onions and garlic.  




We are off now  for a short break in Istanbul, it will be our third visit.  There is so much to see and do there and the food is wonderful, as are the people.  We are only taking carry on luggage but I think I can get in enough for a hot day and long skirts for cooler evenings.



Oops big feet in the pic!

Ive got all my toiletries in 60 ml bottles to comply with airline check in and a pair of shoes and a foldable hat, my kindle and some undies.

Back soon!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Catching up and travel

Autumn has arrived and my allotment is changing, the crops of the Summer have nearly gone, I picked the last of my runner beans this week an...