Sunday 4 February 2024

The weekend and a carpet

 No work over the weekend so I had time to go to legs bums and tums class at the gym, plenty of squats and planks!  I also had time to put up some new curtains.  Youngest son came over for a curry and hubby took me to Spoons for a pizza on Sunday night!


weatherspoons toilets

Yes! I did remember to take a pic of the carpet for Vix - this is our local Weatherspoons, the Jack Fairman in Horley, which was previously the Kwikfit garage.  Prior to that, it had a glamorous history in racing as was originally a car showroom built in 1933 for the Fairman family.  Jack Fairman took part in 12 Formula 1 Grand Prix races and was personally involved in the development of the Connaught, he raced one, coming fourth in the British Grand Prix at Silverstone  in 1956.  He was also famed for driving for Aston Martin.


source: Weatherspoons
 

The pub has that lovely art deco style that Weatherspoon pubs are so well known for.  I sometimes pop in for a hot chocolate (free refills) and a hash brown when I am in town.  The toilets are very grand and the carpet.... well here it is .....


I have to say nothing to do with racing, garage  or grand prix jump out in the pattern but it is due refurbishment so I will keep you posted

Source:  Weatherspoons (Jack Fairman)





9 comments:

  1. I have only been in our Wetherspoons once, and never again! It certainly doesnt look like yours! Sadly its become the hang out for the less desirable elements of Truro.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't had time to do anything else this weekend but look after my mother who faceplanked herself in the street on Friday lunchtime (uneven paving slab)and now has a broken shoulder! Not to mention the hoops we had to jump through to get an ambulance to attend on Saturday afternoon when we realised she might have sustained a break and not just the heavy bruising which showed up during the night. There's an old Scottish word 'scunnered' If you Google it, that's what I am!Stark contrast to last weekend's frivolities!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved reading about your Spoons, Betty! What a lovely looking interior with those leather club chairs and that grand stone fireplace. I wonder if they'll incorporate some of the motoring heritage into the carpet design when they refurbish it? Jon would love the motor racing history.
    Aren't Wetherspoons' pizzas amazing? I love the roasted veg one.
    Your fitness class sounded like hard work, you deserved a pizza after that work out! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your ‘Spoons pictures, I promised Vix I would get to Keswick for her but the weather has conspired against me (must make more effort 🤭).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now I want to visit the UK to try Weatherspoons. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Betty :=)
    Your Weatherspoon's pub looks like a nice place. I'm so sorry Betty but for reasons unknown, your comment this morning just disappeared. I know I clicked on the tick, but couldn't find it in spam either. I hate it when this happens.
    All the best
    Sonjia.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kudos to you, for your gym work! Time well spent on the weekend.
    The toilets at Weatherspoons look quite impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is always great to start day with exercise dear Betty
    I am happy your son visited home.
    My eldest son couldn't because of some things in process needing him there.
    Wetherspoons sounds wonderful place and carpet in bathroom wow that is surprising.
    Lots of best wishes for you and family ❤

    ReplyDelete

Let There Be Light!

 The Aurora lights over Surrey, UK on Friday night, pictures taken by my son Tom.