Sunday 30 April 2023

Weekend

Happy UK bank holiday weekend folks.  Yesterday we had a lovely sunny day and i rushed up to my allotment to check progress.  I was rewarded with little sprouting potato leaves and lots of daffodils...I left plenty for the bees but couldn't resist a small bunch for home...
I also mowed the footpath to the side if my allotment as its my responsibility to keep it clear, then mowed the  lawns at home 

Nice and tidy.  ..newly planted lavender and a half dead eucalyptus that was pot bound so sold to me at half-price... its soaking its feet in a bucket at the mo.

Apple tree is busy bursting forth blossom and my lemon tree has some lovely juicy fruit.
seedlings are coming along nicely...

today was spent sleeping in the garden followed by trying on stuff for a forthcoming short break to Turkey... its a  city break so crop trousers, loose tops and sensible shoes...
But a few pretty bits too.

then a nice restful afternoon reading library  books
tonight we are having a bbq .  How's your weekend going?

10 comments:

  1. You must be living in an alternate universe to us, Betty. It's rained torrentially for most of the weekend and there's a bitterly cold wind. Send some of that sunshine my way.
    Your garden's looking lovely and weeks ahead of ours. Lemons? I can only dream!
    Love your packing choices. After seeing you in that East skirt I've bought the teal version (you're an influencer!)
    Enjoy the rest of your weekend! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Picture 10..I had a skirt like that....pretty and comfortable

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing like unwinding with a good book.
    Coffee is on and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its all looking very spring like at your place Betty. I just love the first signs of the daffy's. I have to try on clothes tomorrow too as I am off to my Mums town & there will be a fancy dinner involved (sister in laws special birthday) as well as a pink ribbon breakfast to raise funds for breast cancer. My wardrobe is looking rather sparse. Wishing you a great week Betty. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! You are really in bloom! And you have a lemon tree, too. How wonderful. Spring has arrived in your world and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Betty! I'm glad to find your new blog! Have fun in Turkey!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Betty, looks like you had a fab bank holiday weekend. I hope you have also enjoyed this one, and will enjoy the next one too. So many bank holidays - I love it! Great to see a peek of your allotment. I wouldn't have been able to resist those lovely daffs either. Nice to see your lemon tree is doing so well too. Your floaty tops and skirts look perfect for a Turkey city escape xXx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't find a way to follow you here under my blog name. Only option is by my Google name. My Kindle finally threw the towel in so I'm down to using my phone only at the moment. Enjoy Turkey you lucky ducks!xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely photographs.
    Enjoy your City Break visit to Turkey.

    All the best Jan
    https://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Let There Be Light!

 The Aurora lights over Surrey, UK on Friday night, pictures taken by my son Tom.